6/28/2006

Silly Police, tickets are for, well, not me!

Ahh yes, yet another driving post. Driving is a way of life so why not blog it that way? All I have to say is that I get damn lucky at times! Especially when the word "Police" shows up.

Anyone living in any sort of small town knows a lot of secrets, especially if it pertains to law enforcement. You know which roads you could easily go 15 miles over the speed limit, (like the Warner road in Staples) and roads you can’t go above 5 miles the speed limit (like going through Verndale) They also know which spot will always have a sheriff there watching for speeders. (Like the corner before the Motley bridge heading south) I have been lucky the past 9+ years I have been driving, I have never once been pulled over. Well, until Friday before Memorial Day Weekend 2006 I wasn’t so lucky. BUT don’t feel bad just yet it gets better.

My Dad and I decided to go see a friend who is painting my Dad’s ‘68 GTO, just to see how things were going. We took my car, which happens to be a ‘94 Ford Taurus and drove the 7 miles to his place. I noticed a cop car sitting up on a hill checking for speeders and didn’t think much of it until I looked in my rearview mirror and saw his lights. Damn it, the first time I get pulled over and my Dad is here to witness it. I’m asking myself what the hell did I do wrong? My Dad wonders the same. He walks up to the passenger side where my Dad is sitting and tells me this. “Here are the reasons why I pulled you over, you cut a corner, you have a crack in your windshield, you have something hanging on your rearview mirror, and you sir (he looks at my Dad) are not wearing your seat belt……. License and registration please” Are you kidding me? So the sheriff walks back to his car to do his things and my Dad is just going off at him. “Stupid pigs I don’t care, when I get back and drive my truck I’m not going to wear my seatbelt, ever” If he wasn’t there I would have been scared shitless and probably crying. He comes back and I see he is holding a ticket. OH CRAP! He peers down and says “Sir, since you are the one not wearing the seatbelt, she is getting away scott free but you sir have to pay $107.00 on such an such a day”

About now I feel terrible! Sure its nice to know that I don’t have to pay for a ticket and I still don’t have anything on my record, but being that I got pulled over for the first time in my life and my passenger was the one that got the ticket, that’s just not right! The guy is 50+ years old!! I am only 22 and I don’t get fined at all? I felt just awful, but my Dad also said that it was a Friday before a big holiday weekend so the cops were out on mad force, and since these new “Click it or Ticket” ads are a hit, I’m sure he’s pulling over everybody. And sure enough when we came back the other way, he already pulled over somebody else. Not a lot of people can say that the first time they were pulled over by the police, their passenger was the one that got a ticket. I should feel special but I also feel 100% responsible, sad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home