11/04/2004

Great, Grand, Wonderful

(This post I wrote while attending college, most of my friends who were involved in this activity enjoyed my responces, so I decided to keep this one and inserted it to this new blog)

Every now and then I get a little reminder of how "awesome" it is to live in the dorms, with an R.A. We are forced to go to monthly meetings with our floor where all we hear are complaints about hair in the showers, toothpaste in the sinks, crumbs on the stove and the sluts at the end of the hall who decides to ruin everyone’s joyful experience of living in the dorms. With all that aside, we must do floor activities where we force ourselves to put a smile on our face and be as happy as a clam. The best of all is "lets get to know everyone" games. You all have been through them even if you don't live in the dorms.

It must have been two weeks of being in school when we all were summoned to go down to the funky room as a floor and play games with one another. No one knew each other, other than the returnees (like me and a few of my friends) so our R.A. found a great way to break the ice. Lets each send out a piece of paper and everyone must write something nice about each other. No one knew anyone’s name, no one knew what they are like and no one knew anyone! What kind of game is that? Anyway, the papers went around a complete circle and when we got our own back, we had to fold it up and give it to our
R. A. And of course she had the bright idea of using thick felt markers to write on little pieces of paper so I couldn’t read any of it anyway. Two months later she put them in our mailboxes, I opened mine up and this is what it said.

1. You keep me sane in lit class (I’ve know this girl for 4yrs so this one is ok)
2. You are the best roommate EVER!(yup crazy Anna)
3. You seem like a cool person (popular response when you don't know them)
4. I like your door decorations (who doesn't?)
5. You seem to really care, and be a real leader (care? yes, a leader? no, not really)
6. Hysterically Entertaining (I think one of my friends said that, I should check on that)
7. Your food always smells good from the kitchen (phew, and I thought the food that I eat smells terrible.. hmmm)
8. Thank you for letting me follow you here (I don't think this counts as a complement)
9. I wish my hair was wavy like yours (yah I’m just growing it out, I hate it actually, but good luck)
10. You’re very open/cool ( I really like the /cool part)
11. Funny (smelling?.... looking?.. yah I have no clue either)
12. I like your enthusiasm (interesting.. didn't think I had one)
13. I like your stuffed animal (that was too easy, I had a stuffed frog there)
14. I guess I like looking at door deco, and you have some cool stuff on it (My door is more popular than me, is there a door fetish out there in the world? I especially like the
“I guess” part, the uncertainty is just oozing out of ya!)
15. You're a great yatch-y friend you always know who to make me laugh and smile (oh Carrie (heart), you had me at hello)

I know some of my responses to these so-called compliments seem a bit harsh but being a senior, I was just fed up with these stupid games.

So you can see, not a great activity for an icebreaker. I practically wrote the same thing on everyone else’s so I don't feel so bad anymore.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Catalinda said...

JP you are such a weirdo! You're the best femal friend who lives kitty-corner to the right of my door this year I've ever had. You had me at hello too. *tear*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home